Resource & Waste Management Ltd trades under the name of Land & Mineral Management.We are a specialist consultancy for the waste management and mineral industries. Whilst focusing on planning and permitting we also have considerable experience in land management and other fields involving the delivery of bio-energy, renewables and commercial projects.
We have a close working relationship with Local Authority Planning Departments, the Environment Agency, Natural England, many other statutory bodies and also the other specialist consultancies with whom we work and with our client’s own in-house experts.
We work extensively with Quarry, Mine and Transport Operators, Concrete Producers, Waste and Recycling Companies, Land and Estate Owners, Builders and Developers, Energy Suppliers and Local Government.
Whilst the data we hold focuses largely on client’s business activities, it is inevitable that some personal data is held within project files and contact information.
Resource & Waste Management Ltd takes the security and confidentiality of all information held very seriously and this includes details relating to clients, their employees and our employees.
2. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
3. Who are we?
Resource & Waste Management Ltd is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
4. How do we process your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
• To enable us to provide services to our clients. Our range of services can be viewed on our website www.landandmineral.co.uk .
• To contact our clients in the course of agreed projects of work;
• To contact our clients to advise them of changes to legislation which may affect them;
• To conduct searches of public records and compile and submit applications for planning permission, waste permits, licenses, etc.
• To negotiate with 3rd parties, land owners, minerals and waste companies, rating authorities, local authorities and government agencies on behalf of clients
• To manage and instruct external contractors
• To manage our employees and business
• To maintain our own accounts and records
• To manage our payroll, and auto-enrolment pension contributions;
5. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• The provision of our services will take place within the context of a contract between us and our client. This will be the vast majority of our activities.
• Unsolicited advice to our personal, sole trader and partnership clients will require explicit consent from the recipient;
• Unsolicited advice to our corporate clients are within the legitimate interests of the company;
• Processing of payroll and pension contributions are a legal obligation;
• Maintenance of accounts, other employee records, management information and other internal records are legitimate interests of the company.
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with others in the pursuance of agreed projects of work. Under these circumstances data may be shared with external consultants, local authorities and government agencies, other commercial enterprises, land owners, or other parties authorised by our client.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
For the duration of the work agreed by our client and subsequently indefinitely at the request of our clients to inform future needs,
offered back to clients for them to hold
If not required, destroyed.
8. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which Resource & Waste Management Ltd holds about you;
• The right to request that Resource & Waste Management Ltd corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Resource & Waste Management Ltd to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller;
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data;
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
9. Further processing
10. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact Resource & Waste Management Ltdon 01373 465739, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org , or at the registered office, Roundhouse Cottages, Bridge Street, Frome, Somerset BA11 1BE
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the
Information Commissioner’s Office:
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.